Thankyou to catterel for passing on a Virtual Blog Tour Award – below are the four questions and answers that are the first requirement, and then the four blogs I am awarding to in turn! My “particular” article is to be on February 23rd… hmmm…
– What am I working on at the moment?
Well, that’s easy – I thought a month with only 28 days would be ideal to do something with the alphabet and there are so many aspects to Switzerland as a country and culture that I thought I would write about some of them from my point of view, having lived here for over 40 years, now, and knowing most parts of the country – though I’ve written about some I don’t know so well, too. The languages and dialects also fascinate me, so that is also part of the project. Another aspect is that I actually find it easier to write most days than just a couple of times a month, so it keeps me on my toes!
– How does my work differ to others in my genre?
It’s probably not that different – the A-Z project no doubt reads a bit like a tour guide – but we all have our own voices and are unique in our own ways. Being a multinational, multilingual and fairly well educated woman of some experience, there are lots of things that interest me and that I like researching or doing, so I try to let them be more or less a part of my blog and the mixture is, I imagine, fairly unique!
– Why do I write/create what I do?
Really just because I like writing and narcissistically think that what I write might be of interest to others. My family and friends are spread around the world so it’s another way of keeping up with them – they can dip into whichever of my posts appeals to them and leave the rest. A blog makes a good public record of a life, too – can you make a memoir out of a blog?!
– How does my writing/creative process work?
I’m very spontaneous when it comes to writing and just let loose without all that much thought and little planning, as a rule, as soon as I’m inspired. Afterwards I read it through many times and then think it’s probably rubbish and badly organised and incomplete but would trail on and on if I didn’t stop, then eventually I just go ahead and press “publish”…! (Those who know me well know that I write and talk in the same way – a little thought beforehand might be something I should work on before I tie myself in knots!!)
Anyway, here are my four nominations of blogs that I enjoy reading for their writing and content 🙂 :
I hope you will all accept my nomination, and publish your articles on Monday, 2nd March – no pressure then! But no stress – there is no obligation; I understand if it’s not your thing.
Here are the rules:
- Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do.
- Write a one-time article which is to be posted on a Monday (the date supplied by your nominator). This article can be in the same post in which you answered the four questions.
- Pass the tour on to up to four other bloggers. Give them the rules and a specific Monday to post. Mine is February 23, so you’ll have to wait another week for that.